Here’s a step by step guide on how to curl your curtain bangs with a straightener so they look natural and effortless.
Checkout this video:
What are curtain bangs?
Curtain bangs are a type of fringe that is long and straight, with slightly longer pieces in the middle frame the face like curtains (thus the name). They became popular in the 1960s and ’70s and have been making a comeback in recent years. If you’re thinking of getting curtain bangs or already have them, you’re probably wondering how to style them. Luckily, it’s not too difficult to curl curtain bangs with a straightener.
Why curl them with a straightener?
Curling your curtain bangs with a straightener is a great way to add some light waves and texture to your look. This method is quick and easy, and it doesn’t require any special tools or products. Simply use your regular straightening iron to create soft, romantic curls in your bangs.
How to curl your curtain bangs with a straightener
If you have straight hair and want to add some curl or wave to your look, using a straightener is a quick and easy way to do it. Here’s how to curl curtain bangs with a straightener.
Start with clean, dry, and styled hair. If your hair is wet, it will not hold the curl as well. Make sure your bangs are styled the way you want them before you start curling.
Plug in your straightener and let it heat up to the correct temperature. Curtain bangs are best curled at a lower temperature to avoid damage.
Start in the middle of your bangs and slowly drag the straightener down to the ends. Wrap your hair around the barrel of the straightener as you go.
Repeat this process until all of your bangs are curled. Allow your bangs to cool before touching them or brushing them out.
Tips for getting the perfect curl
If you have a fringe that is too short to curl with a curling iron or you simply want to change up your look, you can use a flat iron to curl your curtain bangs. Curling your bangs with a straightener is a quick and easy way to add some flair to your hairstyle. With a little practice, you can get the perfect curl every time.
Here are some tips for getting the perfect curl:
-Start with clean, dry hair. If your hair is too dirty or oily, the curl will not hold as well.
-If you have really fine or baby hairs, use a small amount of hairspray or mousse before you start curling. This will help them to stay in place and not get stuck in the straightener.
-Divide your bangs into small sections, no wider than the width of the straightener plates.
-Place the straightener at the root of the section of hair and wrap the hair around it, moving down towards the ends.
-Be sure to keep the straightener moving so that you don’t burn your hair.
-Once you reach the ends of your hair, hold the curl for a few seconds before releasing it.
-Repeat this process until all of your bangs are curled. You can use a light holding spray if you want your curls to last longer.
Troubleshooting common issues
Sometimes you may find that your bangs are still a little bit straight even after you’ve used a curling iron or hot rollers. If this is the case, you can try a few things to help get them to hold the curl better.
First, make sure that your hair is completely dry before you start curling. If it’s even a little bit damp, the heat from the curling iron will just make it straight again.
Another thing you can do is use a setting spray or hairspray before you curl your bangs. This will help them to hold the curl better. Just be sure not to use too much, or your bangs will end up looking crunchy.
If your curtain bangs are still not cooperating, you can try curling them with a flat iron. Just be sure to use a low heat setting, so you don’t damage your hair.
How to style your curled curtain bangs
1. Heat up your straightener.
2. Take a small section of your bangs and curl it away from your face.
3. Hold the curl for a few seconds, then release.
4. Repeat until all of your bangs are curled.
Ideas for curly curtain bangs
If you want to add some curl to your look without using hot rollers or a curling iron, try using a flat iron. It’s fast and easy, and you can get a variety of different curl sizes and shapes depending on how you hold the iron and how much hair you wrap around it.
Start with clean, dry hair. If your hair is on the fine or thin side, use a volumizing spray or mousse to add some body before you start. Choose a small section of hair near the front of your head to start with, and hold the flat iron vertically (with the plates running parallel to your forehead). Wrap the hair around the outside of the plates, moving slowly down toward the ends. Hold for a few seconds, then release.Repeat with small sections all over your head until you’ve curled all of your curtain bangs.
How to care for your curly curtain bangs
Many people with curly hair find that their natural curl pattern produces curtain bangs that are difficult to style. Curly curtain bangs can be challenging to curl with a straightener, but it is possible. With a little bit of practice, you can achieve beautiful, bouncy curls that will last all day. Here are some tips for how to curl curly curtain bangs with a straightener:
1. Start with clean, dry hair. Curling curly hair can be difficult, so it’s important to start with clean, dry hair that has no product in it. If your hair is dirty or oily, the curls will not hold as well.
2. Clip back the rest of your hair. Curling your curtain bangs with a straightener is much easier if you clip the rest of your hair out of the way. This will help you focus on curling just the bangs, and it will prevent you from accidentally burning yourself with the straightener.
3. Use a small barrel curling iron. When curling curly hair, it’s important to use a small barrel curling iron so that you don’t end up with big, S-shaped waves. A small barrel curling iron will help you achieve tight, springy curls.
4. Take small sections of hair and wrap them around the barrel of the curling iron. When you wrap your hair around the barrel of the curling iron, be sure to take small sections so that all of your curls are uniform in size. This will help ensure that they all hold their shape throughout the day.
5. Hold each curl for 10-15 seconds before releasing it from the barrel of the curling iron. It’s important to hold each curl for 10-15 seconds so that it has time to set before you release it from the barrel of the curling iron. If you release it too soon, the curl will likely fall out quickly.
6use a light-hold hairspray to finish off your look After you’ve curled all of your curtain bangs, use a light-hold hairspray to finish off your look and help keep your curls in place all day long!
When to get a trim
If you have curtain bangs, you know they require a little more upkeep than other types of bangs. That’s because they need to be trimmed every 4-6 weeks to keep their shape — and if you don’t, they can start to look stringy.
Can I curl my curtain bangs with a straightener?
Yes, you can! Curling your curtain bangs with a straightener is a quick and easy way to add some extra volume and texture to your look. Here are a few tips on how to do it:
-Start by prepping your bangs with a heat protectant spray.
-Next, take a small section of hair and clamp the straightener at the root.
-Slowly glide the straightener down the length of your hair, curling as you go.
-Repeat this process until all of your bangs are curled.
-Finish with a light misting of hairspray.