Follow this step-by-step guide with pictures on how to cut your own curtain bangs at home.
Checkout this video:
Decide if curtain bangs are right for you
Before you cut your own curtain bangs, it’s important to decide if they are the right style for you. Curtain bangs can be flattering for many face shapes, but they are not suitable for everyone. If you have a round or oval face, curtain bangs can help to give the illusion of a longer, more oval-shaped face. If you have a heart-shaped face, curtain bangs can help balance out your look by softening your forehead. If you have an egg-shaped or rectangular face, curtain bangs can help to shorten the appearance of your face. However, if you have a square or triangular face, curtain bangs may not be the best choice for you as they can accentuate the angles of your face.
Once you’ve decided that curtain bangs are right for you, it’s time to choose the length that you want them to be. If you want your bangs to frame your face, choose a length that is just long enough to reach your eyebrows. If you want your bangs to be shorter, choose a length that is just above your eyebrows.
Now that you know what kind of look you’re going for, it’s time to actually cut your bangs. First, start by combing your hair straight back from your forehead. Then, use a sharp pair of scissors to snip small horizontal sections across your forehead, starting from the outer edges and working in toward the center. Remember to cut slowly and carefully – it’s better to err on the side of caution than to end up with too-short fringe!
Find the right tools
You’ll need a good pair of scissors, a comb, and some hair clips.Start by sectioning your hair off into a triangular shape. The point of the triangle should be at your forehead, and the base should be at the back of your head. Then, comb your bangs down flat and trim them straight across. For extra help, you can use a ruler or a piece ofz paper as a guide. Finally, use the comb to feathers the edges of your bangs for a softer look.
Prep your hair
Start with clean, dry, and styled hair. If your hair is naturally straight, you can curl it with a curling iron before you start cutting to give your bangs some extra body and texture. If your hair is naturally curly, you can straighten it with a flat iron before cutting.
Cut your bangs
If you’re looking to cut your own curtain bangs, there are a few things you’ll need to do beforehand. First, you’ll need to make sure your hair is clean and dry. Second, you’ll need to comb your bangs straight forward, making sure they’re evenly distributed. Third, you’ll need to take small, minor snips at a time – remember, it’s better to err on the side of caution than to go too short! Finally, once you’re done cutting, be sure to style your bangs as desired.
Style your new bangs
Curtain bangs are a versatile style that can be worn many ways. Get tips on how to style your new bangs, from spiking them up to sweeping them to the side.
Maintain your curtain bangs
Maintaining your crochet curtain bangs is easy with a few simple tips. Trimming your bangs every few weeks will help keep them looking neat and tidy. You can also use a little hairspray or gel to keep them in place throughout the day.
Troubleshoot common problems
If your bangs are too long, they may not lay correctly. If they are too short, they may not cover your forehead entirely. It is important to find the right length for your face shape and Match the rest of your haircut. Try a few different lengths until you find what looks best on you!
If your bangs are too wide, they may not lay correctly. If they are too narrow, they may not cover your forehead entirely. It is important to find the right width for your face shape and Match the rest of your haircut. Try a few different widths until you find what looks best on you!
FAQs about curtain bangs
Whether you’re looking to add a little something extra to your look or completely change it up, curtain bangs are a great way to do so. But before you take the plunge and cut your own bangs, there are a few things you should know. Here are answers to some frequently asked questions about curtain bangs:
What are curtain bangs?
Curtain bangs are a type of fringe that is parted in the middle and hangs down on either side of your face like a curtains. They can be worn with any hairstyle and can be styled in a variety of ways.
How do I know if I can pull off curtain bangs?
Curtain bangs look good on all face shapes, but if you’re unsure whether or not they’ll suit you, it’s always best to consult with a hairstylist first. They can help you determine whether or not curtain bangs will work with your particular face shape and hair type.
How do I style my new curtain bangs?
Once you have your new curtain bangs, there are lots of different ways you can style them. You can wear them straight, wavy, or curly; parted in the middle or off to one side; with or without a fringe; and so on. Experiment until you find a style that you like and that works with your overall look.
How do I maintain my new curtain bangs?
To keep your curtain bangs looking their best, make sure to trim them regularly (every two to four weeks) and use the right styling products. If your hair is prone to frizz, use a smoothing serum or oil to help keep flyaways at bay.
10 mistakes to avoid when cutting curtain bangs
If you’re considering cutting your own curtain bangs, there are a few things you should know first. Here are 10 mistakes to avoid when cutting your own curtain bangs:
1. Don’t start with wet hair. Wet hair is more difficult to work with and can lead to uneven cuts.
2. Don’t use regular scissors. Use sharp, small scissors that are specifically designed for cutting hair.
3. Be extra careful if you have layers. If your hair is layered, be very careful not to cut too much off the top layer.
4. Don’t cut too much off at once. Start by cutting a small section off, then slowly work your way up to the desired length.
5. Don’t cut them too short. A good rule of thumb is to never cut more than 1/2 inch off at a time.
6. Be mindful of your neckline. When cutting curtain bangs, be careful not to cut too short or too close to your neckline.
7. Don’t forget about the sidesweep! When cutting curtain bangs, be sure to leave some longer pieces on the side for a flattering sidesweep look.
8. Don’t go too heavy on the layers . Curtain bangs look best when they’re not overly layered or choppy .
9 . Avoid straight across cuts . When cutting curtain bangs , avoid making a straight across cut . Instead , angle the scissors slightly for a more natural look .
10 . Take your time ! Rushing through the process can lead to mistakes , so be sure to take your time and be precise with each cut .
How to cut your own curtain bangs (step-by-step guide)
If you’re anything like me, you’ve probably been thinking about getting bangs for awhile but been too chicken to make the commitment. Well, I’m here to tell you that it’s not as daunting of a task as you may think! With a little bit of time and patience, you can totally DIY your curtain bangs at home.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to cut your own curtain bangs:
1. Start with clean, dry, and styled hair. If your hair is dirty or oily, it will be more difficult to cut evenly.
2. Decide how long you want your bangs to be. I personally like my curtain bangs to graze my eyebrows, but you can make them as long or short as you’d like!
3. Section off the front part of your hair with a clip or hair tie. You only need to worry about cutting the hair in the front section – the back can be left alone for now.
4. Using sharp scissors, carefully trim the ends of your hair until they’re the desired length. It’s better to err on the side of caution when cutting your own bangs, so take your time and don’t cut too much off at once!
5. Once you’re happy with the length of your bangs, it’s time to start shaping them. Using small snips, carefully trim the outer edges of your bangs so they have a nice curved shape.
6. Finally, use a fine-toothed comb to lightly piece out any stray hairs or awkward pieces. And that’s it – you’re done!